ANNUAL SEEDLING SALE!
Leafy green vegetable plants are available now, and heat-loving plants coming mid-May!
Organic Heirloom Tomato Plants: $3.95/pot
$3.50/pot if buying 6 or more
Cherry Tomatoes: Perfect for salads, or popping in your mouth!
* Sun Gold: 57 days, Indeterminate. This is not an heirloom variety, but we can’t resist offering it, as it’s our favourite cherry tomato. They start bearing early and continue right through the season. Round, orange, and very sweet!
* Jaune Flamme: 70-80 days, Indeterminate. Orange skin, reddish flesh. Fruit grows in clusters of about 6 and are produced abundantly. Very flavourful, large cherry.
* Yellow Pear: 70-80 days, Indeterminate. Small, brilliant yellow, pear shaped cherry tomatoes juicy and mild.
* Black Vernissage: 75 days, Indeterminate. Large cherry tomato (2oz fruits). Generally considered better for sauce than fresh eating due to its thick, crack-resistant skin and meaty texture. A beautiful deep mahogany striped with green.
* Peacevine: 75 days, Indeterminate. So named because of the high amino acid content which has a calming effect on the body. Produces huge amounts of small red cherry tomatoes in large trusses. Very high vitamin C content.
* Red Pear: 85 days, Indeterminate. Shaped like tiny red pears. Juicy and mild.
* Chadwick’s Cherry: 80-90 days, Indeterminate. Medium size 1.5” round red cherry tomato, juicy and prolific.
Paste Tomatoes: Good for drying, or making paste/sauce
* Roma: 80 days, Determinate. One of the most popular paste tomatoes. High yields of 2 ½” long red,
blocky, pear shaped tomatoes. Roma is not an heirloom variety.
* San Marzano: 85 days, Indeterminate. Old Italian paste variety. Dark red, flat sided almost rectangular fruits with few seeds and thick meaty flesh. High Yielding.
Red/Pink Slicing Tomatoes: Great for fresh eating, sliced or salads, juice
* Manitoba: 65 days, Determinate. Has been a prairie favourite for years. Average size (6oz) red fruit that is nice for canning, sandwiches and salads. Early.
* Grightmires Pride: 65 days, Indeterminate. Large, early pinkish fruit, low acid, good taste, prolific. If tomatoes don’t agree with you, this one will!
* Earliana: 70 days, Indeterminate. Large crop of perfect juicy, round, red tomatoes that are richly flavoured. Shorter plant than some.
* Glamour: 74 days. Indeterminate. Medium/large round, red fruit, have thick walls and meaty texture. Good for slicing or canning, an old popular variety, but not technically an heirloom.
* Rose De Berne: 75 days. Indeterminate. Beautiful rose-pink, round & uniform, smallish (2-3” fruits), robust flavor, heavy producer. These tend to turn soft quickly.
* Mrs. Bots Italian Giant: Mid-season, Indeterminate. Large red beefsteak with meaty flesh. Good for sauce or slicing.
* Magnum Beefsteak: 80 days. Indeterminate. A really nice, large, red beefsteak that has old fashioned flavour & is perfect for slicing. Very few blemishes.
* Brandywine: 80 days. An old classic. Purplish-red beefsteak type fruits average 9-11oz. The fruit is not considered pretty, but what a taste!
* German Red Strawberry: 85-90 days. Indeterminate. This unique German heirloom is one of the best tasting tomatoes available. Bright red fruit are heart shaped & meaty with few seeds. Fruit average10-12oz, but can grow quite a bit larger. Very productive.
* Ponderosa Pink Beefsteak: 88 days. Indeterminate. Large 12oz-2lb pinkish-red fruits that are flattish. Meaty and low acid content. Late season tomato.
Various Coloured Slicing Tomatoes: Fresh eating, sliced, salads, juice
* White Wonder: 75 days. Indeterminate. Medium size fruit, creamy white to mellow yellow, a good producer.
* Garden Peach: 75 days. Indeterminate. Slightly fuzzy yellow skin blushed with pink. Juicy and sweet with a bit of tartness. Excellent keeper. Smallish (3-5oz) fruit.
* Cherokee Purple: 75-80 days. Indeterminate. Dark purplish pink colour. The large fruit average 12 oz and are delicious. Very productive and reliable.
* Green Zebra: 77 days. Indeterminate. Dark green stripes over a yellow blush, perfect size for slicing into salad. Known for its outstanding sweet yet tangy flavour.
* Orange Beefsteak: 79 days. Indeterminate. Produces large amounts of 3-4” round, golden tomatoes loaded with delicious, well balanced, sweet, fruity flavours. Good for sandwiches, salad or fresh eating.
* Golden Monarch: 80 days. Indeterminate. A vigourous plant, that produces 10-14 oz pale-yellow, flattened fruit. Good tomato flavour with sweetness balanced with just enough acidity.
* Black Zebra: 85 days. Indeterminate. Small 2-3” fruits, mahogany brown with green stripes, abundant and tasty.
* Mary Robinson’s German Bi-Colour: 90 days. Indeterminate. This beautiful heirloom tomato has large bi-colour fruit and great taste. The fruit can reach 2lbs and are yellow with red on blossom end.
Organic Pepper Plants ~ $3.95/pot (1 plant per pot)
Red Pepper: Large, sweet, blocky heirloom. Starts out green then turns to red when ripe.
Orange Pepper: Large, sweet blocky heirloom. Starts out green then turns orange when ripe.
Yellow Pepper: Large, sweet, not an heirloom. Starts out green then turns yellow when ripe.
Jalapeno Pepper: Starts out green, then turns red. Very hot, larger than chili pepper.
Chili Pepper: Small, very hot both at green and red ripe stage, chili, salsa . . . .
Organic Vining Plants ~ $3.95/pot (1 plant per pot)
Miscellaneous Organic Plants
~ $3.95/pot (each pot contains minimum of 2 plants)
Early Green Cabbage
Late Green Cabbage
Late Red Cabbage
Fall Raspberries – $8.50/pot
* * * * * * * * *
Each spring we offer an assortment of young plants for your home garden. Started in our greenhouse, in certified organic potting mix along with our own compost, these healthy seedlings are ready to go directly into your own garden.
We offer many Heirloom Tomato varieties, including Grightmire’s Pride, Black Zebra, Chadwick Cherry and San Marzano to name just a few. We also have Pepper, Squash, Cucumber, Pumpkin, Kale (green, red and Toscano), Collard, Chard, Parsley and Basil Plants. Plants are generally available for purchase from late April to mid-June.
Looking for garden seeds? We carry those too! Aimers Organic Garden Seeds are available each year from January through June.